Marlon Märtens, MSc
- Generation and characterization of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) knockout, heterozygous and SNP lines by CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing.
- Differentiation of iPSC lines into different cell types, such as smooth muscle cells (SMC) and endothelial cells (EC).
- Functional analysis of cardiac and atherosclerotic risk genes using in vitro and in silico methods.
Doctoral thesis at the University of Lübeck, Institute for Cardiogenetics.
Topic: “Vascular interface in atherosclerosis – influence of genetic variants on endothelium and smooth muscle cell crosstalk”. (funded by the VIAgenomics consortium)
Master of Science, Molecular Life Science, University of Lübeck.
Thesis: “Investigations of the dilated cardiomyopathy causal gene NEXN and its role in the cell cycle of mouse cardiomyocytes”, Institute for Cardiogenetics, University Clinic of Schleswig-Holstein/University of Lübeck
Bachelor of Science, Molecular Life Science, University of Lübeck.
Thesis: “Establishment of a calcification assay using induced human pluripotent stem cells derived calcifying smooth muscle cells”, Institute for Cardiogenetics, University Clinic of Schleswig-Holstein/University of Lübeck
Employed as biological technician at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, Biberach/Riß. Between the end of my apprenticeship and the beginning of my studies I was employed in the department for structural research with the focus on protein expression and purification.
Apprenticeship as biological technician at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, Biberach/Riß. The contents of this three-year apprenticeship cover a broad spectrum in biopharmacy, pharmacology as well as research and development of new drugs. During my training, I focused on two different areas. These include the area of quality control with a virological focus and GMP work in the area of incoming and outgoing products. The second area comprises research and development with a focus on respiratory research and structural research.
- btS – Biotechnologische Studenteninitiative e.V.
- yDZHK – Deutsches Zentrum für Herz-Kreislauf-Forschung e.V.
- GBM – Gesellschaft für Biochemie und Molekularbiologie e.V.
- GfG – Gesellschaft für Genetik e.V.
- GSCN – German Stem Cell Network e.V.
- VDSI – Verband Deutscher Studierendeninitiativen e.V.
- YEBN – Young European Biotech Network e.V.
- One of five winners of the Biophorie ideas competition (BioBot)
- Masterpreis Molekularbiologie der jGBM (2019)